To break a civilian or a student from his existing mould and bring him up to the level of a trained security personnel he is imparted training over a period of time. The training is based on few basic aspects, site specifics and refresher to handle more complex assignments.
- On job
Basic training :
This is imparted for a duration of seven days covering the following
- Drill movement
- Service conditions, Uniforms & Equipment
- Fire fighting & First aid
- Code of conduct
- Gate duties, filing in essential documents at the Gate or Reception
- Telephone duties and mannerism
- Conduct with the staff and visitors
- Escorting of VIPS
- Search and frisking of persons
- Personal Hygiene and essential House Keeping duties
- Car parking and Traffic control
On the Job Training :
One period of 30 to 40 minutes in a week is devoted for "On Job Training" at the sites
(a) Basic: Following topic will be covered
- Control of men and material In & Out.
- Issue of passes, checking of ID Cards.
- Manning of Telephone.
- Liaison with Police ,Fire Brigades Station.
- Patrolling of premises, dwelling units.
- Car Parking and Traffic Control.
- Conduct with the visitors.
- Source of theft and pilferage
(b) Specific : Following aspects which may be specific to the site will be covered
- Operation of lifts.
- Operation of Generator, ATM machine.
- House Keeping Duties.
- Fire Fighting.
- Traffic Control during events & Parties.
The Supervisory staff and Guards are put through refresher training for 2 days in six months, during which all the aspects of duties are revised to ensure that their professional level is maintained at the required level. The staff found not taking interest in training and performance of his duties are weeded out after having been given due notices.